So I went to church today and I had to hold back tears. Lately I have been feeling alone and depressed and sad and angry. I have felt so alone like I was the only one feeling this way but at church today our amazing pastor, pastor Brandon was speaking. Brandon spoke he told us about the story of Isaac and his twin sons and the struggles they faced not only with each other but with themselves. If you have not yet read the book of Genesis or at least Genesis Chapters 25 to chapter 32, I suggest you do; it is my favorite book of the bible. Anyways as pastor Brandon was talking about Isaac twins sons, he spoke about surrendering your desires. In life we grasp on so tight to the things we want and desire and sometimes your desires can hurt you in the end. He said "you need to be careful what you hate in other people, because God might be trying to show you something in you that you need to work on. He said "surrender your pride! Lay down your pride! Lay it down!" sometimes God wants us to be alone because he wants our undivided attention. Humiliation always leads to restoration. People get so wrapped up in their pride and like Jacob, at their breaking point they beg for mercy and cry out for help. Instead you need to lay down your pride and say " God I am lust, I am a cheater lord I am a liar God I am prideful." you need to lay down your life, for God because once you do that, you will be made new you will be given a new name and you will begin to see much more clear. Pastor Brandon said " your problem is you" it is as simple as that. As humans we take pride in ourselves and eventually we remorse and feel bad but we continue to share the blame with others instead of standing up to the thrown of God and saying " Lord I messed up take my heart Lord God and make me new, forgive me for my sins because my hands aren't clean Lord cleanse my heart." Pastor Brandon said " Surrender your time" many people are willing to confess their sins and their desires but they just can't give up their precious time to take a few minutes to praise God. pastor Brandon also said " People are messy" he is right people are messy yet we point our fingers at others when our hands are not even clean. Guys you need to understand that god loves you so much that he will allow you to reach your breaking point so that he can show you that something big he has in store for us. But if you want to see that something big he has for you, you have to choose to surrender all you are and lay it all down because God IS NEVER PUNISHING YOU!!!!!!!!! HE LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING YOU COULD EVER KNOW! Today I want you to do this for not for me but for yourself I want you to bow your head and close your eyes and just say this " God Speak to my heart and change my life" every church service Brandon has us say that and for the longest time I was so confused as to why he has always asked us to say that but it is because he wants us to confess that we all need Jesus in our lives. There are three things that as people we all need to work on I call them the three S's:
1. SURRENDER YOUR DESIRES
2. SURRENDER YOUR PRIDE
3. SURRENDER YOUR TIME
I want for you to think about those three S's today and I want you to try and get to working on them. and remember JESUS LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments :
Post a Comment