Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Weekly bible talk week 9, faith not fear and going forward in your faith

So every wednesday at my church there is this youth program called Uprising. It is amazing and we have the best youth pastor ever and his name is Morgan. Morgan talked about faith instead of fear. In life we tend to stick ourselves right where we are because maybe it is comfortable or it seams like that is where everyone else is. You are failing in school, your family is loosing money, you have depression because you are lacking trust in God! So often we blame God asking why it is he has brought us this far to run into a wall? But hardly ever do we take the blame for not trusting God. Often times we go back to the depression, the loneliness and not being in church and we stick ourselves in pools of bitterness. We settle ourselves where we are because we find it comfortable and so we stay there but we need to GO FORWARD!!! When you are in the seasons, MOVE! GO FORWARD! Don't just sit there trying to be comfortable; but let me tell you that you won't be comfortable. Instead you will actually be more miserable! If you stay right where you are you will drown, if you go back, you are going back to slavery! You have one option. Go forward! There is an enemy back there waiting for you to turn back but don't go back! Go forward, go to Jesus. No one says things like " I like being depressed, I like being alone, I like being so far away from the church but often times we act this way because we strangely feel that this is comfortable. We know God is here to save us but we feel sometimes that we have no other option than to move back or stay where we are. Only a few short months ago, I was lacking trust in God and I became very depressed and I felt that there was no other option than to be the terrible person I had been or to stop my whole life! But let me tell you THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION!!!! Now you might ask; how do I change the way I am? How do I get back on the right track?
step 1: STOP LIVING A FEARFUL LIFE! -god did not call you to be fearful! NO! He called on you to be strong and courageous! Don't just sit there being "comfortable"! Move and your faith will change for the better!
step 2: GOING FORWARD KEEPS US FROM BACKSLIDING!- If you take your foot off the gas, you go backwards very fast! Often times if this happens you will crash! If we are not moving forward in our faith, we are moving backwards. We start looking over our shoulders once we stop going forward.
These are the two steps you take to get your life back on track! Take them! I DARE YOU :). Guys keep moving forward! When the past starts to look good you know that you have stopped moving forward! When you stop going forward, you fail to see the miraculous! - Little side story:
So a few days ago my best friend had a cardiac arrest, (I'm not naming any names). Honestly I was so scared. Instantly I began to pray and I prayed and prayed and prayed. At this moment I am still praying! When this happened we were at a restaurant for my birthday party actually. We were in the back of the restaurant in a tucked away little room - (that's the first miracle!) There were maybe three other tables of people in that back room. At one of those three tables was a Pediatrician who actually happens to be on staff at the same hospital that my best friend is at!!! - (second miracle!) At another table was a lady who was a nurse!- (third miracle) They gave her CPR and they later took her to the hospital. My mom later found out that not only was the pediatrician on staff at the same hospital my best friend was at and only worked 1 floor up from where she was. But my mom told me that both the nurse and the pediatrician changed their plans that night just to go to that particular restaurant! The weird thing about this was that my mom was supposed to drive us to a restaurant further away but we had changed our plans to go to that particular restaurant! I saw the miraculous! you will too!

No comments :

Post a Comment